259 Albany Turnpike, Canton, CT | 860-693-4131 | email@example.com
Q. Can I change my grout color?
A. Yes. Our stain/sealing process allows to change grout from light to dark or dark to light with 100s of colors and shades to chose from. Save thousands by updating an old tile area instead of replacing it.
Q. Should I seal my grout?
A. Grout does not have to be sealed. But without some sort of protection, the grout will begin absorbing dirt and grime immediately after installation. Because grout is a porous material, it will readily absorb dirt and stains even with regular mopping. This can leave the grout color looking uneven and dirty. And that can spoil the look of a whole room. Our process makes grout stain-proof.
Q. How long will it last?
A. If applied and maintained correctly, the stain/seal protection will typically last 10-15 years or more. There are only a few reasons the protection would wear prematurely.
1. The use of harsh cleaners that are acidic or contain phosphates or steam cleaners. These types of cleaners will diminish the life of the stain/seal protection.
2. High grout joints. If the grout is not recessed a little between the tiles and is as high or as higher than the tile surface, then the friction from foot traffic can cause the protection to wear thin over time. High joints may require periodic touch up to ensure uniform color and protection.
3. The grout hasn't been prepared properly. If there are any residues, dust, dirt, or foreign objects such as paint, waxes or food particles the stain will not adhere properly to the grout. The stain will not stick to these objects and will leave the grout uneven in color and protection. If it does stick initially, it will soon wear off leaving the floor uneven in color and protection.
Q. How long will a project take?
A. 95% of all our projects are completed in one day.
Q. How long does it take to dry?
1. For Grout Re-coloring allow 2 hours before light foot traffic. Keep grout dry for 7 days after initial clean up. Avoid heavy scrubbing for up to 20 days.
2. For stone and grout sealing allow 48 hours before use.
3. For caulking allow 72 hours before water contact.